I ran across this article during a brief moment of leisure reading. The article is related to a technical version of the Peace Corps called Code for America. The group sends out Silicon Valley superstars to assist public organizations and agencies with developing technical solutions to make them more efficient and effective. It is very difficult to keep up with the private sector in technology, in terms of wage competition. This concept allows the public sphere to access some of this talent to make the necessary improvements to deal with demands for smaller budgets and better performance.
- U. of Cincinnati seeking MPA director
- U.S. Treasury upgrades website to better track fed…
- “A Peek Inside the Strange World of Fake Academia” by K. Carey – NYTimes 12/29/2016
- Allen Institute for AI Eyes the Future of Scientif…
- FYI: Talk from Dr. Lameesa Muhammad-Jordan (UC) next week in TSU’s Graduate Student Speaker and Workshop Series