Link to job posting (has more information than this post)
Senior Research Associate-1605391
The Tennessee Education Research Alliance is a research-practice partnership between the Peabody College of Education at Vanderbilt University and the Tennessee Department of Education. Powered by a top quality longitudinal data set and top of field researchers, The Alliance is poised to be a national leader in practice focused research. The Alliance represents one of only a few attempts to create a rigorous research consortium aimed squarely at influencing state education policy, a role that becomes ever more important in the current context where states play an increasingly large role in education governance. The work of The Alliance will aim to directly and immediately inform state policy and practice. The organization will conduct research on questions of greatest urgency to the state and ensure that actionable findings are brought to the attention of policymakers and practitioners to whom they are important.
The Senior Research Associate will be a critical member of The Alliance team and the first full-time dedicated research staff of the organization.
The Senior Research Associate will:
- Prepare and publish original research, research syntheses, policy briefs, and other products as needed.
- Independently carry out and design highly sophisticated and independent experiments and research projects.
- Mentor and train graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in developing their research projects.
- Report to the Executive Director and work in partnership with the Faculty Director to create key research products.
Job requires a Doctorate and 5 years of experience or the equivalent.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
- Strong independent research experience, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to create products that bridge the gap between research and practice.
- Demonstrated evidence of ability to obtain independent external funding, of significant intellectual contribution to research programs, and of publication of research findings in peer reviewed journals as senior author.
- Demonstrated evidence of ability to translate research findings into language accessible to policymakers and practitioners.
- Experience working in a K-12 school preferred